As August came to an end activity on the water was the busiest for the year. Golden Falls held a Slalom Tour Stop and Muckno hosted the Boat Wakeboard Nationals and a Kneeboard Comp. Saturday saw flat glassy water at Lough Muckno where the Club Mastercraft X1, expertly driven by Andy Mc Quiggan, towed the athletes in practice runs, fully ballasted it was not quite World Class Wake but definitely one worthy of the Competition. Five categories opened, U14 Boys, Open Ladies, Open Men, Masters Men and Novice. A great day was had by all and following the comp and a short prize giving all were treated to an on site BBQ and locals mingled with our visitors for a great evenings entertainment.
Open Women and Junior Women
- Meghan McGowan 6.5 6.0 7.0 21.7 4
- Alice Murray 19.5 21.0 20.0 67.2 3
- Nicole Carroll 26.5 28.3 27.5 91.4 2
- Aisling Deegan 26.5 28.6 27.5 91.8 1
2 Under 14 Boys
- Zach Zebedee 16.0 17.3 15.3 54.0 2
- Julian Zebedee 25.5 26.0 26.0 86.1 1
3 Open Men
- Cathal Foley 16.0 16.7 16.5 54.7 3
- Ashley Murray 22.5 23.0 24.0 77.2 2
- David O'Caoimh 28.5 29.3 27.8 95.0 1
4 Master Men
- John Murray 7.0 7.0 8.0 24.4 3
- Mark McCotter 14.0 16.5 14.5 50.0 2
- Linus Jurevicius 18.5 21.5 22.0 68.9 1
- Chris Corrigan 11.1 9.7 9.4 33.6 3
- Luke Adair 9.2 11.5 11.0 35.2 2
- Matthew Gahan 16.0 17.1 17.8 56.6 1
Sunday saw An Irish Slalom League Stop at Golden Falls Club,
This was one of the best Waterski events which we have held in Ireland for years ! With 32 competitors, perfect water, no wind and a full Car Park, as we have seen in many countries around the world recently, Slalom is on a serious roll. This was a Personal Best competition. The nine Novices were proof that new blood is pouring in. The 23 Open Skiers also clocked up some great performances. Best score of the day went to Rodney Watson with 3 buoys on the 11.25m line. Top Cash Prize Open winners were Luc Cautley, Ultan Bradley, David Doyle, Cormac Collins and JoJo Cox. Top Open winners were Rick Deegan, Ben Dickson and Rodney Watson. Fantastic day - and congratulations to all at Golden Falls for hosting such a great event. Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls , can you believe it's the last round of the Irish Slalom League..
Sunday also saw a Kneeboard Comp at Muckno, The first ever organised by IWWF and was a showcase. Paddy Mc Gee brought his Boards and gave a demo as did his Daughter Aoife. We managed an open category in Men and a Ladies. Aoife took the honours in the Ladies and Paddy in Open with Linas a close second. Future events are planned and we will watch the Kneeboard scene with interest.